Forum Discussion

timhotchkiss
New Contributor
7 years ago

Cox Contour message ARE YOU STILL WATCHING

My Contour Box shuts off by itself after a message comes up that asks me Are You Still Watching?  I have disabled all the timer and power saver modes in the Contour settings AND on my Vizio TV. Anyone know how to help or fix this?  I want the TV to stay on until I manually turn it off.  thanks!!!

6 Replies

MarkM1
    Former Moderator
    Hi Timhotchkiss,

Are you using the Contour 1 box or the Contour 2 box. For Contour 1, please go into the settings menu on the box. Go to Receiver, then Power Manger to make sure that Power Off Manually is turned on. For Contour 2, please press Contour on the remote. Go to settings & then Device Settings & the Power Preferences. Make sure that the Power Saver is off. Let us know if it was showing off already.

Mark M.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Jyunte
    New Contributor II

I recently got Contour with Panoramic WiFi.

I've had the TV on in the background while I work. It's been on the same channel, for nearly 5 hours and I haven't changed anything (volume or channel). Contour popped up a banner asking if I'm still watching the TV and that it would put the Contour to sleep.

As the original poster said, the power settings show "Power Saver OFF".

Why is Contour trying to turn the TV off when the preferences say the power saver mode is disabled?

MichaelJ

Jyunte, check to see if the sleep timer is on. Press the MENU button to access the menu. Press the Down Arrow to highlight the Settings option, and then press Select. Press the Down Arrow to select Timers. Press the Right Arrow to highlight Sleep Timer. Thank you, 

Jyunte
        New Contributor II

As stated in both the original poster's message, and my message, above...

...the power settings show "Power Saver OFF".

There is no Sleep Timer setting on the Contour unit, anywhere in the menu system. There is no "Timers" option anywhere in the menu system.

The only place where any kind of power setting can be chosen is Settings->Device Settings->Power Preferences->Power Saver, and as I've said already, that's set to OFF. The help text that goes along with this setting says, "Your TV Box will go to sleep after 4 hours of inactivity..." which is exactly what is happening, but the setting is "OFF", so it should not be happening!

It is not the Screen Saver setting either.