Forum Discussion

cushiehuskers
New Contributor
7 years ago

error code XRE-06034 when trying to delete shows

I get an error code XRE-06034 "sorry we weren't able to delete your recording. If you continue to have trouble, restart your set-top box then try deleting again" when I try to delete shows from my dvr.

So far I've tried:

1. restarting the box, through the settings
  2. restarting the box, by unplugging for 2 minutes 
  3. unplugging all boxes, restarting the main dvr box waiting for a full reboot before starting the other box.
Nothing is working.
  • That did not help. Yes, I can delete some of the newer shows. The recordings I've been trying to delete are anything older than May 2017.

Please go ahead and send that reboot signal. I'm headed to work and will check it again over my lunch.

ReneeG
    Former Moderator
    Hi cushiehuskers,

We sent a refresh signal to your host receiver. Let us know if that helped. If not, we'd like to send a reboot signal to reset everything from our end. Please advise when would be a good time to do so. Are you able to delete any recordings from the client box?

• That did not work. I even tried unplugging both set-tops, waiting for a full reboot, then went through the sync process above.

What else can I try?

• Hi cushiehuskers,

Let’s sync the DVR by:
    a) Using the Cox remote press the Contour button.
    b) Use the arrow buttons to highlight the gear icon, then press OK to access Settings.
    c) Use the arrow buttons to highlight Device Settings, then press OK.
    d) Use the arrow buttons to highlight Sync DVR, then press OK twice to begin the DVR sync.
    Once the DVR is synced, you can delete recordings. https://www.cox.com/residential/support/watch-and-delete-contour-2-recordings.html