Forum Discussion

Blade
New Contributor
15 days ago

Frequent freezing, glitching and pixelating.

I have the Ultimate Package which is the most expensive my Cox Arizona offers and I LOVE it. My internet is one GB and works incredibly for all the video production I do from home as my business. I have five TV's, and sometimes as many as four laptops and a powerful PC going at one time with all connected to my home network. My main 55'' TV has my digital Cox converter box plugged in with a Stouche 2.1 brand new HDMI cable, I bought this hoping it would fix this, what I call "freezing glitching and pixelating" problem. It's just this one TV that has the problem, my Cox internet handles all my other tv's and laptops perfectly, it's truly amazing.

Doesn't that tell us that it's the digital converter box with remote is where the problem is?

The new HDMI cable helped cut down this freezing a little, but still, I get this awful freezing on the internet channels (especially Prime Video and Disney+) and constantly with the ESPN channels, and they pixilate with what looks like low signal strength for a while before returning to my 4K or 1929x1080. All of them will freeze, sometimes for over a minute and sometimes for four seconds. You gotta know know how irritating this is especially during a game. On the remote, I have to hit "exit" and it then sends it back to live after a few more seconds. UGH! My rep is sending a crew out to take a look and he explained how the channels work through different Cox "internet channels" and some are busier with less bandwidth than others so they can change the channels to other less "busy" internet channels, and I bet that will work. They are coming Sunday which is great. Has anyone had or currently have the problem I have?

• Hi Blade. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with this one TV. Please make sure that the power to the cable box is plugged directly into the wall outlet as it is possible that there is an issue with the power strip if you are using one. If you need assistance, please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

Blade
    New Contributor

Thank you. I actually never thought how that could make a difference, but I get it now. I have a loose connection with the wall adapter, so I switched that out and so far, so good!

Darkatt
      Honored Contributor

LOL, i was going to suggest the barrel connector in the wall plate, and verify the power connection, but LisaH beat me to the issue. She and I used to work together in Data Tier 2, and she's definitely knowledgeable. 

Blade
        New Contributor

ahahaha! I did verify the power connection! 

• Hi Blade. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with this one TV. Please make sure that the power to the cable box is plugged directly into the wall outlet as it is possible that there is an issue with the power strip if you are using one. If you need assistance, please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator