Forum Discussion

AzCrazyDiamond
New Contributor II
3 years ago

Paramount Plus on Contour

I am unable to watch Paramount+ shows on my Contour host box (brand new today).On the host box, when I select the episode and choose to go to Paramount+ (watch options), I get an ad, then a spinny circle in the upper left, and that's it. Spinny circle forever or eventually an error code.  I am able to watch Paramount+ shows on the client box. It shows an ad and then the show starts up fine.

Why does it work on the client box, but not the host?

tap1364
    New Contributor

I have the same problem, I just turned in four old receivers for new ones.  All my other apps work but the Paramount Plus app does not.  I tried everything, unplugging, rebooting, etc. and still nothing.  Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thank you.

ascriv
      New Contributor

I just spent over an hour on the phone with cox technical with no solution. Paramount plus quit working when i got new contour box because of old box quit working. I can get into app ok but circles for ever and get an error message anytime i try to go to the actual show. Has to be something different on new box. Seems a lot of people with same problem.

ChrisJ2

Hi there. Have you tried clearing the cache using the above method? If that has not worked, please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We want to assist you. 

ChrisJ2

Hi, there. I'm really sorry for hear about the issue you're having with Paramount+. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. I want to help. 

Awcorwin
        New Contributor

I have the SAME ISSUE with the Paramount Plus App on my Contour boxes.  I can log in no problem.

But then when I choose my show or movie, it just spins and spins and I get this... 

I go to the settings/support tab on the Paramount Plus app, and it says my Device ID is Not Available?   Is this Paramount Plus app on the Contour system corrupt?

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @AzCrazyDiamond

Try rebooting the cable box and see if that helps.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      AzCrazyDiamond
      New Contributor II

Thanks yes, that apparently worked. After the regular overnight reboot, it is working. But we are getting a lot of ads; we are paying for Paramount Premium but on Cox we're getting paramount Essential. On iPhone and computer there are no ads during the show.

ChrisJ2

Hi, there. I apologize for the issues with Paramount+ on Contour. You might want to try deleting the box cache. Here are steps: 

-Click on the Contour button on the remote.

-Select the setting icon on the far right lower bottom of the screen to go into the settings

-Arrow down to highlight and select privacy.

-Arrow down and select Locally stored data

-A box will appear on the tv screen asking if you want to clear local storage. Click "OK"

I hope that helps. If not, please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We are happy to help.