Forum Discussion

Awcorwin
New Contributor
2 days ago

Paramount Plus app on Contour

When is Cox going to fix the Paramount Plus app on Contour?  You’ve admitted there is an issue.  The app doesn’t work.  It’s been weeks.  This is ridiculous.   

• Hi, there. I'm really sorry for the issues you've experienced with Paramount+. Please try the following steps: 

-Click on the Contour button on the remote.

-Select the setting icon on the far right lower bottom of the screen to go into the settings

-Arrow down to highlight and select privacy.

-Arrow down and select Locally stored data

-A box will appear on the tv screen asking if you want to clear local storage. Click "OK"

If you've already cleared the cache, please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We're glad to assist you. 

Awcorwin
      New Contributor

I’ve already done all that.  Several times. This is what I keep getting when I try to watch any show or movie on the PP app on Contour…

How about Cox just fixing this corrupted **bleep** app that I pay for?

Allan

Hello. I appreciate you taking the requested steps and I am truly sorry that they did not help. I recommend sending an email to cox.help@cox.com so we can further assist you. 

SteveA1
    New Contributor III

This problem started for me on 16 August.  I did receive notice from Cox stating they are aware of the issue and are working on it.  I have also done the reset, reboot, and restart equipment several times.  Others have stated they have even replaced their boxes, lost all recorded shows, and still it does not work

I had this issue about 2 years ago and it did finally resolve itself on its own.  My belief -- either Cox or Paramount or both did some kind of software or hardware update and this caused the issue.  Until they -- Cox and Paramount -- get their programs in sync, it will continue to not work

Hope this information helps

• I have just purchased the Paramount+ on my phone trying to login on my television, but it’s asking for a five digit Cox code. It doesn’t want the four digit pin that’s on the monthly bill. It’s asking for a Cox code. That’s five digits. I don’t have one. Is anyone familiar with this?

ChrisJ2

Hi, there. Could you include a screenshot or picture? Thank you, in advance. 

• I didn’t know there was an issue. I just purchased the app through my phone and now trying to log on with my TV. It’s asking for five digit Cox code. I don’t have a five digit Cox code. We have a four digit pin, but of course that doesn’t work, familiar with a Cox or a device five digit code 

SteveA1
      New Contributor III

If I understand correctly, you are opening the Paramount+ app on the TV through your cable box (Contour) and trying to sign in using your phone/computer/tablet?

If this is what you are attempting, the TV will display the 5 digit code when Paramount+ and Cox are able to connect through your wifi/cable box

If you try to sign in using the TV, a keyboard will appear for you to enter your user name and password.  What will likely happen next is the Paramount + main menu will appear and you will be signed in; However, this is what is happening next for many Cox customers:  You select a show, it will appear with the option to watch and when you attempt to launch the show it will spin for a minute or two and a message will appear stating "Content can't be loaded" OR "Something went wrong, Try again Later"

I hope this makes sense 

Good luck and patience until Cox and/or Paramount + get this resolved