Forum Discussion

Wendysu
New Contributor
7 months ago

Remote new cable box

I swapped the older cable box for the new one bcs I was not getting all the HBO channels. The remotes that go with it are not user friendly. It will not adjust the volume!   That’s the issue. 

if you enter a channel it does not go there you have to re push the center and hope your finger doesn’t hit the sides. Why such a poorly made remote! 
I have a Sony Bravio TV.  Why will the remote not work.

3 Replies

• Wendysu 

Thank you for reaching out via our forums. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your new box and remote. Have you already completed the pairing of your new remote to your box and programmed it to your TV? If not, I would recommend it. You can find the guide and programming instructions for you remote at https://www.cox.com/residential/support/remote-control-user-guides.html?campcode=cta-viewsupport-FAQ-res-srch-program-remote-control

RaquelD

Thank you for taking those steps. Although our remotes are universal, it sounds like we need to dig further into this issue. When you have a moment, can you please email cox.help@cox.com with name, address, and link to forum thread or reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com so that we can assist. Thank you.