Forum Discussion

frey215
New Contributor
3 months ago

TV channels won't play on wireless stream player

Hello,

I recently installed a Wireless 4K Contour Stream Player.  I'm able to stream On Demand programming, but the TV channels won't play.   I see the guide, but when I select a channel, I get an error message "Sorry we're having trouble."  and it wants me to restart my equipment.   (XRE-10007 is the message number at the bottom).   I've done that many times.

I've also used the online chat to ask for technical help.  They basically just restarted my equipment also.  They didn't seem to be much help.  They wanted to send a technician out but were going to charge me $100.   Forget that, for some equipment I didn't even know was coming with my upgraded internet package.  

I wondered if it might be a signal strength thing, but I wouldn't think I could stream programming from the on-demand apps then either.  I might test that when I have time.

Searching forums, I saw posts saying maybe enabling MoCA might help, but I'm not able to find that.  How do I check this?

Anyone have any suggestions?  

• Hello. I'm sorry to hear you have been having trouble with accessing TV channels. We would have a couple additional questions as well. Is this a Contour serviced box or the Stream Player box? This would make the difference. Our team can assist with moca settings as well. We would be happy to look into this for you and address your concerns. When you have a moment, can you please email cox.help@cox.com with name, address, and link to forum thread so we can assist? You can also reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.