Forum Discussion

PJH1234
New Contributor
30 days ago

Weather Channel suddenly showing local forecast for wrong cities

Last week our cable box was updated to the latest model.  Since the change, the Weather Channel is no longer showing the local communities at the bottom of the screen or during the Locals on the 8s.  On the bottom ticker, we used to see Crestview Fl (the town we live in) along with Laurel Hill, Defuniak Springs, etc. (all nearby towns).  Now we see Ft. Walton Beach, Eglin AFB, Destin, etc. (all towns further away).  In addition, during the Locals on the 8s, the radar map and hourly predictions for rain and temperature are no longer shown for Crestview but for Ft. Walton Beach.  Is there anyway to reset the box or alter any settings so that we actually see our LOCAL weather, not the weather for the surrounding area?

• PJH1234 
    Thanks for reaching out about the incorrect info being displayed on the Weather Channel ticker after your new box was installed. I know how important it is for the weather information to be accurate. Are all boxes affected, or only the new one?  I think I was able to locate your account using your forums credentials and would like to try a reset that will interrupt service on the box. Is now a good time for a reset? 

If the reset doesn't work I'll need to confirm additional information that we would prefer you not to share publicly. If we reach that point, I'll ask you to email us at cox.help@cox.com with your name, address and a link to your forums post so we can get this resolved for you.

JCB53
    New Contributor

We’ve been having the same problem with TWC since last week. We have reset but problem continues. Did you find a solution for PJH1234?