Forum Discussion

Debbie_Thew
New Contributor II
2 months ago

Setting Up Cox/Yahoo Email on an iPhone

I tried several ways to get my new Cox/Yahoo aocount on my iPhone.  Turns out it was very easy, but I haven't seen this solution anywhere.

1. Delete the old Cox account under Settings -> Mail
  2. Add a new account
  3. Select Yahoo!
  4. It will ask you to sign in - use your old Cox email address as your username:  jdoe@cox.net  and then click next.
  5. It will then ask for your password - use the new password you created when you transitioned to Yahoo and then click next
  6. On the next screen, make sure "email" is on and then click "save"

That should do it!

4 Replies

• Hi Ozzie Mike, I apologize you are having trouble getting email set up on your device. Please reach out to us privately. Our email address is cox.help@cox.com please include your account info including your name and full street address '

Greg

OzzieMike
      New Contributor II

The issue has been resolved. It took a couple of hours on the phone with a knowledgeable (and patient!) tech support agent. For unknown reasons, my Cox password wasn't working, and I had to reset it...this was the primary culprit. (I say "unknown" because just a couple of hours earlier I'd used that password with no problem).

At any rate, everything's been migrated over to Yahoo (Apple Mail on Mac, iPhone, and iPad). The only remaining issue is that a lot of the mail attachments didn't survive the migration. I suspect they're lost forever, as I can no longer access Cox email directly (and have deleted that mail account). Oh, well....

Becky

Hi OzzieMike, I'm glad you were able to get the password issue figured out and complete the setup on each of your devices. Depending on the size of your mailbox, it can take 24-48 hours for all your mail to populate in your Yahoo folders. I haven't heard any reports about emails losing their attachments during the migration to Yahoo. So that I can better understand what's happening, please try this test. Rather than using your Mail app on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad for this test, please use a web browser to log into your Cox.net email account at http://mail.yahoo.com/. Within your Inbox, navigate to an email that you know contained an attachment. Does the email show there is an attachment, but you encounter an error when you try to view the attachment? Or, is there no indication that the email contained an attachment? I'd like to get to the bottom of this for you!

OzzieMike
    New Contributor II

Just tried this, but it doesn't work.

It's not clear in your directions if we're to use the Yahoo account we had to create, or if we're to use the "generate app password".  As I'm unable to generate an app password on Yahoo (get an error message saying "this feature is not available" when I try to generate it) I'm kinda stuck.

I tried using both my Yahoo account/password and my Cox email address/password, but neither works.

So now, I have no Cox email on my iPhone (yes, I did step 1 in your directions), nor am I getting any Cox email.

Suggestions?