Forum Discussion

Zacharytmoore
New Contributor
2 days ago

Bad experience

I’ve been with this provider for about 3 months now. At least 3-4 times a week the internet will go out for the entire day. The annoying thing is if you try and contact the company to let them know, you get sent to a computer that just sends you a link on how to restart your modem. Why can I not just get the reasoning for why it’s out not give me an excuse that it’s my internet.

• Guest service both on chat and in person are horrible.  Chat always takes an hour and lies.  

You pay bill and get charged beyond what you use. If i had a choice at my apt. Complex i d drop Cox but have zero choice on another provider.  Please be mindful with them.

ChrisJ2

Hi, there. I'm really sorry about the issues you've had with your service and I'd like to help. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We really want to help.

• Hello Zacharytmoore,
    The Cox family values your business and wants you to remain connected at all times. I get how important it is to connect with a human being, especially to look into an issue that happens often.  The computer may attempt to reboot right off the bat, but this shouldn't be a step to take so often. We may need to take a look to be sure we're working on a solution.

While there are some tools available to customers, like the Cox App and the Cox WiFi App for managing the Panoramic Gateway. If you are wanting to know if there's a network issue in your area, Cox has added network alerts to the Cox App to let our customers know we're aware of an issue that may be impacting the connection to the network. More about the Cox App is here if needed www.cox.com/residential/learn/cox-app.html.

Our forum community has several helpful folks, but if internet issues remain and there isn't an alert on the Cox App, then we may need to investigate. When you have a moment, could you email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with your name, complete address, and the URL to your forum comment?