Forum Discussion

PIT
New Contributor
2 months ago

Constant 'intermittent service interruptions' and 'maintenance'.

This is seriously ridiculous. Almost every week we are having these 'interruptions' in our service in our area. This has been going for several months now. And it's been happening more and more frequently. 
We pay good money for internet service. I work from home and I cannot work if there is no internet. It's been off all day today. It was like that 2 weeks ago and the week before that. And it randomly drops off throughout the day. 

We should not have to continue to pay for service we are not receiving. This is not normal! 
It is costing me and my family money when I cannot work but we have to pay you even when you aren't working. 
We have had cox a long time but this business relationship does not seem to be working out. We are going to have to start looking elsewhere if this is not resolved, quickly. 

4 Replies

• Hello, I am very sorry you’ve not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!

TLGlover
    New Contributor

Cox you can help him and ALL of us by fixing this “complex network issue” or hire outside professionals to fix it because it seems there are a lot of people not so happy right now to consistently pay for service we are not consistently receiving. I pay my bill consistently, how bout you give me internet consistently. 

HeatherS

The purpose of Cox Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to Cox residential [Internet] [Cox TV] [Etc] services with other customers. For questions, comments, and concerns regarding outages, billing, or other account-specific issues, we request that you reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook at  https://www.facebook.com/coxcommunications, or email us at Cox.Help@cox.com.

Darkatt
      Honored Contributor

While I cannot speak for the specifics of the issues people are having, I can contribute to some of the causes.

1. This is the time of year people plant gardens, perform landscaping, install pools, etc etc. What that means to us, people who do NOT get their areas marked for underground cables and services, end up cutting through cables and fibers, causing issues. One person in Va, set their boat on fire, digging, and hit an underground power cable right below their boat.
      2. Other instances of digging issues, remember when power lines are cut, it affects other services as well - https://undergroundinfrastructure.com/news/2024/april/over-10-000-cuts-to-underground-natural-gas-electric-lines-in-2023-duke-energy-reports-for-national-safe-digging-month
      3. And if you had fiber internet through this company - https://wirelessestimator.com/articles/2024/five-fiber-cuts-near-floridas-lion-country-safari-resulted-in-a-lawsuit-filed-by-crown-castle/

It happens all over, people digging are careless, cut power, cut cable, cut fiber, and they all cause issues. Again. I cannot speak to YOUR exact issues and causes, but this is the time of year it gets worse.

THEN there are people driving into cable equipment - https://www.reddit.com/r/legal/comments/1db2dug/is_my_neighbor_liable_for_running_over_a_green/

Lastly there are people who try to illegally access cable boxes to steal service. Since it's all digital now and equipment HAS to be provisioned by the cable company to work, they don't get anywhere, BUT, it still causes problems, since it can interfere with your service, let interference INTO the cable system, and something like that is hard to catch till it gets called in by several people, because the box may be upstream from your and cause YOU issues, but then they check YOUR systems it all seems ok. The more people that call, the better they can triangulate the cause and get it fixed for everyone.