Forum Discussion

CaptainH
Visitor
4 hours ago

Cox WiFi keeps dropping.

I've been experiencing an ongoing internet issue for the past 30 days. A technician recently visited to diagnose the problem and mentioned that around the same time, Cox conducted a system update. According to him, this update has been causing routers to struggle with switching channels seamlessly, resulting in the router being locked to a single channel and the light turning red. This red light is a new occurrence that I've only noticed over the past 30 days.

I’m wondering if anyone else has encountered a similar problem. I work full-time from home, and this issue has become increasingly disruptive. The technician thoroughly checked the lines and confirmed that everything is in order on that front. He concluded that the problem is solely due to the recent Cox update. However, the technicians haven’t received any further information or solutions from Cox. As a result, I’m left having to frequently unplug and reset my router multiple times a day.

Not that I wish this upon anyone, but hoping there is some truth behind all of this so I am not alone and or if cox came chime in that this update In fact happened and when we can expect another update to fix the problem? 

• Hi CaptainH,

I'm sorry that you have been having to with your internet connection. I'm not aware of this issue but will be glad to investigate. Please contact us privately. Our email address is cox.help@cox.com please include your full street address and a link to your forum post.

Greg

CaptainH
      Visitor

I did email and call it I. Which is why the tech was out today. He even stated that the online support teams were not notified of the update that was pushed out 30 days ago and that is why the techs keep getting called out to check the lines when it is software update on routers that are tuning the lights red and dropping the Internet connection until you unplug and plug the router back in. Was hoping that maybe there was a timeline on the next update that you would have. Even in the time I have posted this. I have had to unplug and plug in my router because my internet dropped and the router light turned red.