Forum Discussion

Magregory1986
New Contributor II
2 months ago

Disappoint at best

Where do I even start? 

I've only had cox for 3 months and have had problems since day 3. What crazy is cox want to charge me for full service.

I get 10-12 days of actual use and no that is not in a row. 13 days straight with no service at all to 1 day you can use it to 5 days no service for an "outage".

I finally was so fed up, I made them credit my account for all lost days and 1/4 day usage. It's ridiculous I pay them for a service I'm not even getting to use. 

They have sent out "technicians" and all they do is replace a modem and it magically works for 10 mins and guess what another outage, just my luck right?

I had starlink in the middle of no where and had internet with no issues, yet fixed internet can't be bothered to work for more than a few hour or mins at this point. 1gb plan but getting 3.2 - 3.8 mbps boy what a fun time it's been. 

Also there is no other options for the area, so my hands are tied and may switch back to 5g mobile with a mofi. I'll pay 10-15 more for way more stable internet. 

• Hello. I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this concern to cox.help@cox.com  

Joel777
      New Contributor III

Help from amoderator is no help at all.

Magregory1986
        New Contributor II

Your telling me, nothing but problems. I finally got service today after 4pm. But will see for how long. 

Magregory1986
      New Contributor II

If you read, you can clearly see I've been on the phone, chat, and emails with cox. 3 days into service it went bad. 

JulianN

Hello. We understand this matter must be frustrating. We can see your message and are here to help. We cannot further assist on this platform as we may require personal information. If you would like further assistance, please email us at Cox.Help@cox.com and we can continue. Thank you!

dogpance
    New Contributor

You are not alone with cox's antics. Their outage credit system is automated so it will find the lowest sum to credit your account for outages. Don't take it and request Cox to actually do what they say they provide. Withhold payment until they complete their end of the contract you signed with them. Goodluck,

An Unfortunate Cox user