Forum Discussion

smtips
New Contributor II
7 years ago

Hokey "Service Interrupted" message on my account page

According to your site:

A red Service Interrupted message means Cox recognizes an interruption with your device or its connection to our network.

I still believe this is some kind of scam by Cox in an attempt to get people to buy modems from you. There has been NO service interruption that I have been aware of for months, yet this message shows on my account nearly every time I log in to it.

So what's the story? How about you email me some logs and prove to me there's ANY problem at all with my equipment or my connection, because I know *** well there isn't.

Otherwise, get this garbage message off my account.

• @KMDonion

The ticket is still currently open and we are awaiting a resolution. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this delay may be causing. 

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator

KMDonlon
    New Contributor III

I see that plenty of other Cox customers report this issue, it apparently seems this is not uncommon by any means.

I would have thought that 2 weeks would be an ample amount of time to get it resolved or at least provide an update to the customer. I have been fairly patient thus far.

smtips
    New Contributor II
    And this is still an issue after a call last week and this thread. And a previous thread a week or so before. So where does a customer go when a tech company is clearly giving them false information and refusing to take measures to correct it, and trying to scare less-savvy users into upgrading to Cox's equipment, by presenting a big red message to the customer telling them something is wrong with their equipment when there isn't? I'm not sure yet, but I will certainly find out. I don't believe you are giving this enough attention, which makes it look like fraud to me. What's the legal term...let me think.... Ah yes: UDAAP! Unfair, Deceptive and Abusive Practices. You may want to check with your legal team if you don't know what that means. I do.