Forum Discussion

Bender1981
Visitor
19 hours ago

Intermittent connectivity

My expensive premium internet keeps having unannounced outages throughout the day with no associated reported outages.  This is now going on two years. Cox came out and put a new device in a couple weeks ago but to no avail.  Oyher than hope my neighborhood gets optical cable fiber soon, should I invest in STARLINK? Cox’s app AI just isn’t allowing me to get Tanya results. When the technician came out to supposedly determine the problem, he said he was only sent out to replace the modem/router..,, so not to determine the problem…. At $145/month one would think they would try to solve the problem. Any suggestions?

• It goes out 1-3x a day for us when there was no previous issues. It's like after Verizon took off and installed areas around us this started happening. We, and many others, are tired of it and thinking of switching 

DannyS

Hello cpillar2580, the purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need for someone to look into your account personally due to the connection issues you have expressed.  We can definitely assist you with this.  Please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com anytime for assistance.  We are always happy to help.