Forum Discussion

TLGlover
New Contributor
2 months ago

Las Vegas Outages every day

Lately every day, literally EVERY day I’ve been getting a text from Cox:

UPDATE: We're sorry this complex network issue is taking longer than expected to resolve. Rest assured, a dedicated team is actively working to restore consistent service. We apologize again for the inconvenience and will continue to provide daily text updates.

Can I get an explanation of what is going on and when will this so called “complex network issue” be resolved? Do Cox need some professional help to resolve this? How will us consumers benefit from this? Is this just some ploy to justify an up coming rate increase? Will internet become faster? Most importantly when will Cox this be completed? I know I asked that already but I SERIOUSLY want answers. We deserve answers. What are we paying for?

10 Replies

Khomee
    New Contributor

My area has been dealing with the similar issues every time I contact Cox they keep saying there’s no outage, but if there’s no outage, how come my entire neighborhood can’t use thier Internet either. They keep saying that they can send someone out with the possibility of a $75 charge and I really do not want to deal with that because it seems like a Cox issue. Every day around the same time for four hours, my Wi-Fi just completely goes out and so does my neighbor. This is getting very frustrating.

MichaelJ

Hi Khomee, I understand how frustrating it can be whenever there is a service issue that interrupts your services. We advise our customers that there may be a service fee if there is an internal wiring issue in the home or with their personally owned equipment, If the issue is with Cox-owned equipment or with lines and equipment outside the home there is no charge, I encourage you to set a service appointment with us and have a tech come out and troubleshoot. Here is a link for information about Cox Complete Care: https://www.cox.com/residential/completecare.html  If you have issues with wiring in the home this can help, Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook, or X (formerly Twitter) CoxHelp or through our Live Chat: https://www.cox.com/residential/contactus.html  Thank you, 

deniz11
    New Contributor

I do video calls all day and now it seems line it's not supporting it any more I keep cutting in and out randomly through out the day. (Also in Vegas)

LaToyaW

Hello.

Thank you for being a part of the Cox family. I would like to investigate this ongoing issue when you have a moment. Please email your full name and complete address to Cox.helpCox.com.

Bigman72
    New Contributor

We have had the same issues. On their website they suggest you buy new equipment. What a joke. It’s been unusable for weeks. It’s clearly them and not the same modem that worked fine until a few weeks ago. 

DorisM

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing outage issues; That is definitely not our desire for you, and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. For further assistance, please email my team at cox.help@cox.com so we can obtain account details and review further.

Jeff12671
    New Contributor

I'm getting the same texts every morning at 6:30 AM. I live right  by the Strip and we've been out of internet completely now for over 10 DAYS!. I agree, what are we paying for?. No from one Cox can give me any explanation of what the problem is or how long our outage is supposed to last. I'm actively searching for another provider and dropping Cox. This is ridiculous.

• TLGlover  I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.  Please send me an email at cox.help@cox.com and include your full name and address so I can take a look.  Please also include a link to this forums post.  

BrittneyC

Hi jeff, we value you as a customer and want to make sure that we are doing everything we can to maintain your relationship with When you have a moment for support, please send us an email at cox.help.cox.com include your full name and address and a link to this forums post. I want to help. 

Jeff12671
        New Contributor

Brittney if you want to help then get our service back working. We have been without internet now for TWO WEEKS!. How do you expect to retain customers with this kind of crappy service. I'm just trying to decide which mobile carrier to switch too that can actually provide us with service. Who do you recommend, ATT  Verizon or T-Mobile?