Forum Discussion

JRuck504
New Contributor II
4 years ago

New Orleans Area - Another Slow Upload Speed Here

I see a lot of posts dealing with slow upload speeds, here is mine lol. 

Why are there so many people dealing with this?! I switched over from AT&T internet back in Novemeber and the first few weeks with Cox were great until last Sunday when my upload speeds were only at 0.05 MB. I've been dealing with it since then. It will be fine for 1.5 days and then back down to terrible upload speeds. I can't game, send emails, stream, etc..

I want to know why this is happening to so many of us. It is 100% nothing on my end.  If this doesn't change, I will be going back to AT&T.

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @JRuck504

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Currently, there's an unplanned outage that's affecting service. Techs are working towards a resolution with no ETR. You can view outages and sign up to receive alerts on www.cox.com/.../outages.html.
    Once it's been resolved and you're still having an issue elt us know and we can perform some troubleshooting steps.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      JRuck504
      New Contributor II

I signed up for outage updates and they said it was fixed this morning. It was working fine until about 10 minutes ago to where I'm back to 0.25 upload speed. 

I'd love some answers, this is extremely frustrating that I have to use my phones Hotspot to use the internet. 

Please let us know what is going on. 

Allan
        @JRuck504, I can confirm that you are no longer in an area wide outage. However, your modem is reporting some time out errors and noise on the upstream channels. Are there any splitters or signal amps on the cable line going to the modem? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.