Forum Discussion

Tkeller4418
New Contributor
5 months ago

Not my fault but I’m stuck with it.

Early this morning I scheduled to have fiber installed in my home.  The fiber option is new in our area so my home is starting from scratch to make the switch.  I scheduled the install for next week, June 11th.

Around noon a couple guys from Cox showed up and said they were there to run cable for the fiber.  They told me that my internet would go down for about 15 minutes.  Almost an hour goes by and I still have no internet so I go out to look for the guys and they are gone.  No update, no other information, nothing.

I get in on the chat to learn that this was just the prep work for the install and the coax connections for the existing internet were turned off and I wouldn’t have internet until the install was completed.  And that is scheduled for a week from now.  Apparently the prep work should have been done close to or the day of the install. Keep in mind I work remotely so now my job is negatively affected.

They tell me that the incident has been escalated but it may be a couple of days before they get back to me to tell me what the schedule is for getting it fixed.

This is completely unacceptable.  It’s not my fault this happened.  Someone at Cox screwed up in sending that crew out so early.  And now I have no internet service until further notice.  How is something like this not answered immediately? How is something like this not prioritized when it was a mistake by Cox.  

• I am really sorry for the issues with your install. I know you need your service working and I sincerely apologize that this occurred.  Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. I want to help you get this fixed.