Forum Discussion

mjdfano
New Contributor II
4 months ago

Outage in Rogers, AR

It’s been 2 weeks since the tornado went through this area. We have power, streets are cleaned up but we still can’t get internet service. 
Cox will not even communicate with us to give us an ETA. I just got a reminder about my bill. Are you kidding me?  I’m not paying another bill until I get service. 
we have coax cables dangling from poles and not a cox truck in site. I can’t even tell cox about the cables because no one will talk to me about this outage. Is Cox going of business?  They sure don’t care about their customers. 

sidcdemi
    New Contributor II

Look as a customer I completely understand that it takes time after a storm at this level but the way cox has handled it has been awful. Nearly half a month later you would expect some form of communication or holds on payments for people effected. Every convo with live chat or customer care results in the same answer. "There is am outage in your area and there is no eta" while the disaster report online states to expect service after 48 hours of returned power. We just want some actual communication, your system is set up so that anyone with "outage in your area" is silenced and has no way to get any real answers. The cherry on top was getting a notification today to pay for my bill by the 15th. 

aaronwells
      New Contributor II

I have called 3 days in a row and spoke to 3 different supervisors.   All 3 of them promised a call back and all 3 have yet to call.....

ColleenD

sidcdemi 

I understand how frustrating it would be to be disconnected from the automated phone system after hearing an outage notification. I also know how stressful it can be to depend on your service and not know when it might be restored. 

Cox has added network alerts to the Cox App as we've received feedback over the years of customers wanting to know when we're aware and working on solutions. As for details, I understand transparency is important. I apologize there isn't much detail we have but please know that when our crews are aware of an issue, we strive to provide a solution as quickly as possible. Return of power may mean commercial power, rather than residential power. 

I apologize for the timing of any automated bill reminders you may receive. Billing, account, and some service issues require the sharing of sensitive information to resolve which isn't best suited for a public forum. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address, the details of your concern and a link to this post. You can also reach us on Titter/X  @CoxHelpor visit us on Facebook.

aaronwells
        New Contributor II

I signed up for these updates 10 days ago.  Still waiting.  Why can't so.eone from your field services team actually give us an ETA on solution. 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

After a big storm, other electric companies send trucks from surrounding states to help restore electricity.  But do other cable companies come from surrounding states to help the local cable company with Internet repairs for storm damage?  Probably not so much.  

Has electricity been completely restored and have the streets been cleared over the entire city?  The tornado that hit Rogers, AR was 1.7 miles wide.  It would have been the largest tornado in Arkansas history, but another tornado near Decatur about the same time was 1.8 miles wide.       

mjdfano
      New Contributor II

So Cox can't get subcontractors? Do they not have the money for them?  They can't communicate with their customers to give them an idea what's being done?  We just have to assume we will not get service for weeks?  Months?  They will lose a lot of customers . . . I will never recommend them unless they turn this around.

BrittneyC

Hi, thank you for being a valued Cox customer. Providing reliable services is our top priority. Please reach out to us at Cox.Help@cox.com with your full name address and link to post so that we can help. 

Tribett89
      New Contributor

Says valued contributor, but who’s determining value around here? Are you a bot or just insanely arrogant? I can’t believe you’d imply to the victim of a natural disaster that they should consider themselves lucky? You should seriously consider your opinion unwelcome, unwarranted, unnecessary, and disrespectful. I’m in Fayetteville (with trash cox internet service, since before and after the recent nados) and I have family in the affected areas, so you can understand my perspective.

BrittneyC

Hi, thank you for being a part of the Cox family. We want to help address your service issues that you have with us. I hope that you are your family are safe. When you have a moment for support, please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address, the details of your concern and a link to this post. You can also reach us on Titter/X CoxHelp or visit us on Facebook.

• I also live in Rogers, Ar. Cox internet needs to do something. The internet goes out from 9am until 9pm. Has done this like clockwork for 3 days now. Ive called everyday to try and get updates. All i get is a generic text every morning at exactly 6:07 saying its complicated. i even went as far as buying a new modem because their techs said that was the problem. Cox is a joke. AT&T is just as bad. The amount of incompetence between these two companies should be illegal.

sldzala
      New Contributor II

You have internet after 9pm? For 3 days? 😂I haven't had it at all for 15 days. And their line's across lawn. I would kill to have it after 9.

Allan

Hello. Please feel free to send an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of the issue to cox.help@cox.com 

aaronwells
    New Contributor II

Power has been on since May 28th.  Today is June 8th and still no internet in Prarie Creek area. No COX field service teams anywhere in sight.  Why can't we get an update on why it is taking so long or an estimated time to recovery?  There has to be someone that can give us an answer.    

I use COX for 20 business locations and I will be shopping for new services after this experience. Unprofessional!!!

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

A "Severe weather alert" was updated June 6, 2024 on this Cox website:

"We’ve made significant progress in Claremore, OK and Bentonville and Rogers, AR which were impacted by recent severe weather. Major repairs are complete – we still have small pockets of customers that are down because of residual storm impacts—damage to lines, debris, etc.

Most Cox customers in these areas should have service already restored at this time. If you don’t have service, it may be an individual line issue which will require technician repair.
    If you have restarted your Cox equipment and still can’t connect, please contact us via SmartHelp for troubleshooting.

Special note:  If you’ve been displaced due to the storm, we can help. At no cost to you, we can transfer your existing service to another address, or temporarily pause your service through our Storm Assistance Plan. Send us a text at 54512, chat with us, or call (888) 269-9693 to sign up.

We will post updates here when new information becomes available".

As I understand it, if your Internet service has not yet been restored in Rogers, AR, you'll probably need individual attention.  Contact cox.help@cox.com and provide your full name, the service address and a link to this discussion. 

sidcdemi
      New Contributor II

I get that you're trying to help but just to let you know I can confirm that their customer support team is ignoring this message they sent out to us. I just got the same response 5 mins ago from a customer report rep saying that I'm currently in an "outage area" and they have no eta for repairs nor will they being sending anyone out to deal with the outage. This was my biggest complaint with cox throughout all of this, their communication has been beyond awful and it's so bad that their customer support team is not on the same page as their communication team.

RaquelD

Hello, I apologize that your service has not yet been restored. I assure you that our field crews are working as quickly and safely as they are able to restore services to this area affected by tornadoes. I know how frustrating it is to wait for services to be restored after a big storm, and not having an estimated repair time makes waiting even more difficult. If you would like further assistance please email us at cox.help@cox.com with a link to this thread or reach us on Facebook, Twitter/X or Instagram with your questions or concerns. Thank you for choosing Cox for your services and for your patience while we work towards resolving the outages affecting you.  

aaronwells
      New Contributor II

I have called everyday since June 4th and spoke to a supervisor that promised to call me back with an update. I am now 0 for 4. We are all commenting here to get COX'S attention because we have not been able to by the channels they inform us to use.  Wish you would leave this alone since you are not the one dealing with it.  And you know nothing of the facts around this. 

chenaj
    New Contributor

I have the same problem.  Keep calling and enable to get an ETA. Cox currently  has no customer service to speak of.

mjdfano
      New Contributor II

Good evening. We're working overnight to restore your service and will continue to provide text updates. Txt WAIT to pause msgs overnight from 11 PM to 6 AM.

This is not a real update, just a robot with no real information that is helpful. Kind of insulting.