Forum Discussion

tech_man
New Contributor III
5 years ago

Panoramic Wi-Fi question

i’m gonna try to explain this.  My router is currently at least 30 feet away from the room with my Apple TV, Alexa (Alexa not giving me problems) In the room that I Watch TV, I use my iPad along with my iPhone. My router is wired into my Mac. The room with my Wi-Fi router currently has to travel between walls and around corners. Do you guys recommend I get these

Do you guys understand what I’m trying to say

tech_man
    New Contributor III

When I was running a speed test I was getting 22.2 download and .94 upload when I was on gigablast. I don’t know if there’s something wrong with my drop line or what. I also got 18 Mbps on fast.com   

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

First, you need to separate speed test from your in-home wireless coverage because it's 2 different networks.

You do speed tests directly wired to the modem...or a LAN port on the Panoramic.  If bandwidth is low during a test, wireless doesn't really matter because you just have a weak connection.

If the speed test is what you're paying for, then you'd troubleshoot your wireless.

tech_man
        New Contributor III

I just ran a speed test on my wired and got download of 294.48  uploaded of 14.83