Forum Discussion

roomonfirethisi
New Contributor II
4 years ago

second day in a row of late night, extreme packet loss and poor connectivity

no scheduled maintenance

no outage reports

nothing

just after 12am, instantly my connection has gone completely to ***, about 30% loss on each hop to google dns. 89117 las vegas

what is going on?

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Roomonfirethisisfine

I know how frustrating packet loss can be. Can you please post the ping plots that you completed, that show packet loss?

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      roomonfirethisi
      New Contributor II

hey ben, thanks for the reply

unfortunately i didnt export my report. as of now the issue seems to have resolved itself, again.

i will run it again tomorrow evening if/when it occurs and export it. also, the issue persists when connected directly to the modem, i know thatll be the first suggestion when i post the report and the first hop is 192.x.x.x. 

others in my residence will be active during this timeframe and killing the (spotty) wifi just to get the same results will cause unnecessary frustration.

BenS1
        Former Moderator
        @Roomonfirethisisfine

Ok, just post your results when you get them. One more thing as well, make sure that you are hardwired bypassing your router when you perform the ping plots. Thanks.

Ben S.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator
      roomonfirethisi
      New Contributor II

ive done plenty of troubleshooting before this post.

oonly t3 and t4's from after most recent reset. no difference in amount of packet loss.

modem and router are brand new and perform wonderfully outside of these problematic times. all coaxial connections and ethernet cables are tight and less than a few months old. no splitters, directly from drop to modem.

only changes that decide to occur is signal from isp. no change in setup will allow for 100% packet throughput in these same tests only hours later.

roomonfirethisi
        New Contributor II

example, here is how its currently behaving with absolutely no changes on my end: