Forum Discussion

Draxinar
New Contributor
4 days ago

Service Interruptions

I know this is can happen for a multitude of reasons. However, I pay 147 dollars a month for service (unlimited plan) 200 download. Why do I have interruption on service for anywhere from 1 hour to 2 days randomly for what seems to be 4-5 times a month? Why am I paying all this money to have so many days without service? If the service is lines are all *working as intended* and my router is working fine. Why am I being charged so much for service I randomly can't use? It would be fine if an hour here and there happened. But it seems like every week. I get a text, "we are aware of a service interruption in ur area and our teams are working quickly to resolve this issue". What's even worse, this only happens after I am home from work. I work a regular 9-5. I can't come home and chill, no service. Either give me clean service (which I pay alot for) or make it cheaper to compensate for the lost time each month. Rant over.

Saltywiggs40
    New Contributor

I agree!! I have had to reset my internet 4 times today!! 4 times! And I work from home. It’s like I can use my computer for an hour or so maybe and then the internet goes out! What in the world is going on!! I shouldn’t have to continue to reset it with the outrageous amount you all charge for internet!! What is going on?! We need answers and help!! 

• Hi. The purpose of the Cox Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator