Forum Discussion

jj345
New Contributor
3 months ago

Tracert on Cox Account

I'm a residential Cox subscriber and I'm seeing addresses 10.125.224.1 thru 10,125.224.254.  All indicated as live on my home network.  I use Panoramic WiFi and am experiencing remote connectivity to my devices.  My Trace route queries are going through a virtual VPN that I don't own.  My gateway shows MAC addresses and connected devices and not host names. My Panoramic wifi modem shows hostnames, but in my modem’s web page shows MAC addresses.    I tried to post and to this forum and was getting that I needed to register even though I was logged on with my Cox account.  I tried to register and it says that my email address is in use. My modem shows DNS addresses and when I query the dns with NSlookup the devices are not found in dns,

I’ve done similar range scans on other Class A IP addresses. 10.126.229.1 through 10.126.229.255.  All came back as live.  This has been an unbelievable four years.

I had a Motorola 7550 router and decided to rent a modem from Cox, because of the odd results. The event log from the modem was filled with errors and warnings, because it was trying to contact a modem that was not in my modem’s settings as the WAN address.  I don’t get to see the event logs in my Panoramic WiFi modem.  

I went to my Cox account to verify my email address a it’s been pending since April.  My account home page says my email address had not been verified.  There are a host of issues that have come to light.

No RepliesBe the first to reply