Forum Discussion

cooldeepgupta
New Contributor
5 days ago

Weak Internet connection and interrupted network in Mountain view Rd

We are facing the problem of weak connection of internet. It is not working in all the devices and on TV it runs but interrupted a lot.

• Hello, I'm sorry you are experiencing trouble with your internet connection. I'd like the opportunity to assist you; however, the public forum isn't suited to protect the personal information I will need to do so.  Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook at  https://www.facebook.com/coxcommunications, or email us at Cox.Help@cox.com. In private communication, please include your full name, complete address, and details of the issue as this message will not be connected to the communication unless you include the link to it. 

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

Make sure your wireless router is out in the open. Not behind anything, in a smart box, under the tv, etc. It has to be in the open, and it SHOULD be raised as high as you can raise it. The reason is, anything between the router and the wireless devices talking to it, reduces the connectivity. DON'T put it in a smartbox, think Faraday Cage.

It has to be in the open, and positioned in such a way as to ensure that there are the fewest number of things in between, walls/floors/ceilings/furniture/appliances.