Forum Discussion

CWB
New Contributor II
3 years ago

Blocked emails STILL getting through UPDATE 9-21-2021

Ok my last post on this got locked already, so I will start a new one.

I just got another spam email in my spam folder. I right click it to block it, and I get a pop up that it was already added to my blocked list. If it was already added to my blocked list, why is it even able to get into ANY of my email folders, so I then have to deal with it yet again? Once I block a email, I should never see anything from that email ever again.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Apparently, emails from blocked senders are sent to the Spam folder rather than being deleted.  However, there is a Webmail setting to delete them.

Webmail > Settings Icon  > Settings > Inbox > Spam settings > Delete Spam messages without delivering to Inbox

Note: This setting will delete all spam messages, not just from blocked senders.

CWB
      New Contributor II

Thanks for the info. But I dont want to automatically delete all spam messages in case what the cox email client thinks is spam, might occasionally be something I actually want.

What SHOULD happen, is once you set the client to block a certain email, then it should...you know. BLOCK IT. And at that point, anything from that email should not even be seen in ANY part of the client, because its blocked. This is how is normally works, so hey Cox why cant you fix this correctly??

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

That's why I included the note.  I don't work for Cox.  Email cox.help@cox.com and tell them your suggestion.  They'll probably thank you and tell you they're passing it on to their management team.  But don't expect anything to actually get changed.  I agree that email from blocked senders should never be seen again.  But, that's not the way Webmail is designed to work.  Cox outsourced email and they don't seem to have much influence over design choices.  Unless something is seriously broken, their vendor is slow to make changes.