Forum Discussion

Roush05
New Contributor II
2 years ago

Internet in and out randomly during the day.

My internet has been on and off randomly in Arizona since Cox did overnight maintenance a couple days ago. It only happens during the day. Once the sun is down, it stops. My phone, and smart TV lose internet from the wifi, then reconnect a random amount of time later. My phone says "connected without internet" before it reconnects. My PS4 is wired, and it kicks me from the game lobby and party chat for a random amount of time. It's infuriating. It never did this before the overnight maintenance. Any idea what's causing this? Is it the heat during the day?

DRVEGAS
    Valued Contributor

It might be this heat hard to tell.  117f in Vegas yesterday.

Roush05
      New Contributor II

Cox must have fixed my problem overnight. Did yours get fixed?

TyM
    New Contributor

Same thing with me, I pay way too much for this to happen. Never been an issue before.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if it could have anything to do with high-split upgrades in your area. What model modem do you have? Did you notice the upstream light go blue? Check your signal levels for a upstream OFDMA channel.

Roush05
      New Contributor II

Arris TM3402 all the lights are white.

Darkatt
        Honored Contributor

If the lights remain solid on the 3402, it means it still has internet try swapping the ethernet cable from modem to router, with a new cat5e