Forum Discussion

a6russe
New Contributor II
2 months ago

Internet Outage

Internet has been out over 30 hours. App and alerts are not providing updates. When will the service be restored?

10 Replies

a6russe
    New Contributor II

Service was restored Tuesday morning (5/28). Service has dropped again and has been down three hours and counting. I understand there was a storm, but ABSOLUTLEY ZERO communication from Cox is completely unacceptable.

ColleenD

Hi a6russe 
      I apologize for any inconvenience our continued work in the area has caused. I know how difficult it is to wait for updates and service restoration after a big storm. At this time we don't have an estimate for when work will be completed, but Cox.com and the Cox App will be updated as soon as techs can make reliable estimates. When we do not provide an ETR, it is due to the complexity of the work we are actively engaged in.

Jochoaja
    New Contributor

In my neighborhood the outage is now over 60 hours. I’ve made multiple attempts to get any information and I get is a “box” answer that says service will be restored as soon as possible. Can somebody at Cox provide a more helpful answer?

Shaun_A

Hi Jochoaja. I certainly apologize for the service issues you are experiencing. I can understand how frustrating that can when you want updates regarding the outage. I can assure you that our technicians are working as quickly as possible to get service up and running again. Unfortunately, if no update has been provided by our maintenance technicians in the field, then our teams will not be able to provide that update. Typically, the Cox App will display ETRs as soon as the maintenance teams provides them. Estimations can very difficult to provide when the work is every extensive or if issues arise while they are working. We try to make sure we provide as much accurate information as possible. We can take a look at your account specifically to see if there is anything new. Please send us an email to Cox.Help@cox.com with your full name and complete address and we can go from there.

• Hello a6russe,
    I appreciate how important it is to know when the network will be restored. Thank you for your patience. If there's an alert on the Cox app with no estimation, it's possible crews have not yet estimated a solution at this time, but I know you must want updates as they come. We value your business and i want to be sure I'm addressing all of your concerns. Could you email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with your name, complete address, and a copy of the URL to this forum comment?

a6russe
      New Contributor II

The requested information has been sent.

a6russe
    New Contributor II

Internet service was restored on 5/29. I signed up for updates and never received a single one in four days. What is the point of offering a message service that doesn’t provide updates? I understand that it’s a complicated issue, but the other utility companies had zero issues communicating information and timelines. 

Eb88cs
    New Contributor

5 days with no internet or cable.  Little over 1/2 mile away has service.  No notifications for ETA. Very poor service.

JulianN

Hello, I am very sorry you have not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!