Forum Discussion

r3db34r
New Contributor
2 months ago

Internet outage

My Internet has been down since 8/3. My neighbor next door and behind me all have internet access, but not to my house. Why am I the only one in my area affected? After 5 days of working on this, there's still no answer on when a fix will happen. Even after hurricane Sally we had Internet in 2 days. What's going on here?

lmo2024
    New Contributor

I'm in Ocala and ours has been down since 8/5. We were on the outskirts of Hurricane Debby and had some wind gusts and a lot of rain. Now Cox seem unable to restore service and are keeping mum on the details. They call it an "unplanned outage". They used to be so good to restore service once the power was back up, but power was only out in our neighborhood for a few hours so what's the problem now? Apparently they can't figure it out. Really I think they've lost interest in anything but their bottom line. I've been calling for years asking them to fix the problem that causes the internet to slow to a crawl and eventually quit every time it rains. They've come out 2 or 3 times and the technicians have admitted it's not a problem at my house and they say they kick it upstairs so the lines in the neighborhood can be checked, but it's never been fixed. No matter how nice customer service agents are, it just doesn't make up for the aggravation.

And btw, ask for a credit for the days you're down. We don't pay for electric when it's out and we shouldn't have to pay for the days without service from Cox. 

AllisonL

Hi lmo2024. We understand that service is important to you and regret your experience with these outages. As updates become available, we'll list them on our website and Cox App.  For more information about outages, check out www.cox.com/residential/support/outages.html.   You can also sign up for text alerts to allow you to stay up to date with outages. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com for additional support.

Ciaralana0710
      New Contributor

I'm also in Ocala and have been without service since  8/4. Not a word from Cox as to why.  Any little storm and we lose service, but it is usually fixed fairly quickly. This is unbelievable. I've signed up for text alerts repeatedly and not a peep. 

Soliddude01
    New Contributor II

I live in a suburb on the west side of Cleveland, Ohio called Rocky River. We have been hit with some harsh weather/ storms the last few days causing the city to be in disarray, with many people not having power nor internet for over a week. But my concern is this, I work from home and rely on my internet service on a regular basis, but since these storms, I have had no service at all, and its not just me, its my entire street that only COX provides service to, and to cause even more confusion, we are the lucky street that has had no electrical outages at all....why has COX not restored service to our area when we have 100% functioning eclectic service...shouldn't we be the easy fix? I've been reading that they are following the lineman fixing electrical, but what about everyone else? This is unexpectable.  I tried calling about the issue, they instead tried to upsell me on another service. I laughed and said how can you expect me to upgrade when what I have is not even working. COX COMMUNICATION.....do better, be better, please. Verizon is knocking at my door to switch.

NGB
      New Contributor II

Hi, I'm also in RR and dealing with exactly what you described. Did Cox ever provide you with an answer and time estimate? 

StephanieS

NGB  Hi, we can certainly take a look for you.  Please send me an email to cox.help@cox.com and include a link to this forums post along with your full name and address.  Thanks!  

• Hi r3db34r,  

It sounds like we may need to take a closer look into this and potentially have a technician out. Please send us an email with your first/last name, complete home address and a link to this thread to so that we can check into this for you.

mmora2
    New Contributor

I’m just tagging here cuz I don’t know how this forum works. I’m having the same problem using a new modem from Cox. Modem would be up a few seconds then it goes down. Does it intermittently the whole day!

RaquelD

Hello. I'm sorry to hear you have been having trouble with your internet since getting a new modem. This certainly is not the experience we want you to have. We would be happy to look into this for you and address your concerns. When you have a moment, can you please email cox.help@cox.com with name, address, and link to forum thread so we can assist? You can also reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.  

StephanieS

Soliddude01  Sorry to hear that you've been without service for such an extended time frame.  Please know that there could be power outages miles away and that could be affecting your services.  We need power to our plants in order to keep service working.  I'd be more than happy to take a look and see what I can find out for you.  Please send me an email at cox.help@cox.com and include your full name and address along with a link to this forums post.  Thanks!  

r3db34r
    New Contributor

As a follow up, Internet is finally back on. Technician had to come out and replace the outside connectors coming into my house AND had to correct the modem on my account. They never had the one they sent me attached to my account. 

ColleenD

r3db34r  I'm glad everything is resolved. If you ever need account specific help please email us at cox.help@coox.com with your info and details of your concern. Have a great day!