Forum Discussion

3 hours ago

New Customer WiFi Troubleshooting

Hello, I am a new customer trying to set up WiFi after moving into a new house. I know the previous owners had Cox services as well, but was unable to get WiFi working with the self install kit. We had a technician at our house yesterday morning who ended up running a new cable into the house and thought we had everything working so they left, but there is still no internet connection. We're able to connect to the modem, but there is no internet connection. The modem is blinking green and we have tried all forms of remote support without any success. We called back yesterday shortly after the technician left and were told we would receive a callback and return visit yesterday which did not happen and are now having to wait until Thursday for a follow up technician visit. 

Is there anything we can do to troubleshoot the network issue and blinking green indicator light beyond rebooting modem or any way to receive earlier support as a return visit for technician on site visits which do not result in fully operational service?

• Hi JamesBuechel,

I'm sorry to hear that you've not yet been able to receive service. I apologize that you've not heard back on this as well.  I'd like to assist further. Please send our team an email at cox.help@cox.com with your account information.

Thank you.