Forum Discussion

kjchiba
New Contributor
2 months ago

Ping spikes during multiplayer gamers

I recently moved out of on-campus housing and into an apartment. Currently, I am paying for the 1GB/s home wifi service with the most updated Panoramic modem/router. I am also taking advantage of the 5G wifi service as well. Despite that, I get ping spikes while paying for esport titles like Valorant or Overwatch. It goes from a steady 20-30ms to 150ms every 30 seconds to 1 minute of gameplay and makes playing competitive shooters unbearable. While I understand that ethernet works best for situations like these, I do not have an outlet of that sort in my room/apartment. Additionally, I have previously played competitive shooters on wifi and did not experience these types of ping spike/packet loss. What is the best way to fix this issue?

• Hello. I understand situations like game lags are very frustrating. We would be happy to assist with any questions or concerns you might have from our end and verify if there is any equipment issues. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com if further assistance is needed. Thank you!