Forum Discussion

rscruton
New Contributor
2 months ago

Customer service re: landline

I have spent 3 days and over 9 hours attempting to have my phone work.  For over a week no dial tone.

subsequently (after 2 hours) the phone did have a dial tone.  the next day I tried to call my home phone and got the message "unable to complete this call as dialed". 

I have returned to the website for help and ended up with "Oliver" again. 

Then after working with "Oliver "and various "live" persons, (at least 5) I am told that Cox is under maintenance please try again (twice).

Well I have tried, and tried and tried for days.   I can find no number to call to connect with a technician.

We have had Cox for years with out this terrible customer care.    I am ready to put a sign on our front yard to encourage others to change from Cox...this is untenable.

We have a landline for a reason.   We have the need to be able to accessed from around the country and world.

Please advise with helpful directions.   I have been extremely patient and lost at least 3 days of my time as well as not getting what we are paying for.

I am truly sorry Cox has come to this juncture...the decision makers need to re-think how money is saved. It is not by eliminating people d/t salaries etc. because there basically is no customer service.

We the customer are expected to read pages of instructions that ultimately mean we, the customer are fixing our own equipment.   That is not our job... it's your job and your expertise!!

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    djmh67401
    New Contributor

We recently went through over a week of No Internet service and I work from home 4 days a week, luckily my boss has Cox Internet and was experiencing the exact same issue as I was, I called, spoke with an online agent several times, emailed them, they kept changing their story as to what was going on, but each time I spoke with someone they very quickly reminded me that my Bill was due in X days and remember I can pay my Bill online for a more convenient transaction, but they weren't worried to much about me missing work due to their issues, or fixing my issues or the 30+ people near me having exact same issues, they did give me a very small amount off my Bill to make up for the week of work I missed totally evens out. Gotta say though the 2 different agents that told me ALL Internet providers were down and experiencing the exact same problems was a riot, my neighbor right next to our house has AT&T and perfect connection, T-Mobile and the rest of the providers all were doing just fine, no problems whatsoever.

ColleenD

djmh67401 
      I'm sorry to hear your internet service was impacted for over a week. I work from home too, so I know how stressful this could be. I apologize for the experience you had when trying to get help. While we are unable to compensate you for lost wages, we can certainly pro-rate your bill for time without service. Prorates are calculated automatically by our billing software based on your monthly rate. To explain, your rate is divided by 30 then multiplied by the number of impacted days. If you need help or want to share any additional feedback please email cox.help@cox.com. 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Don't bother with chat.  You'll get better results if you contact cox.help@cox.com and include your full name, service address and a link to this discussion.

I had a similar issue years ago.  Cox replaced the eMTA modem and reprovisioned it, but there was still no phone service.  After 5 days, a tech checked my signal and detected an issue with the tap.  (The tap is the Cox equipment at the pole that connects the Cox main line to the drop line to your house).  The faulty tap was preventing phone service but wasn't affecting TV or Internet.  A Cox tech replaced the tap and phone service was restored.

If a faulty tap is the cause of your issue, changes in weather conditions could cause the intermittent phone service you described.  Contact Cox and schedule a tech with a long ladder to come and check your signal at the tap.  If there's an issue with any Cox equipment at the demarc (Cox equipment box on the side of your house) or on their side of it, you won't be charged for the tech visit.  You might consider subscribing to Cox Complete Care for $10/month.  It will pay for the tech visit if there's no issue with Cox equipment.  You can cancel CCC after 90 days.  If you cancel before then, you'll be charged for any fees you would have been charged if you never had CCC.

rscruton
      New Contributor

Thank you.    A technician was finally sent.   He did a wonderful job installing the new modem, very helpful.

However, in the meantime, Cox had changed our telephone # without our knowledge.   It took 4 days of communication before our original number was restored.   Again, the person involved was "live" and extremely helpful.

Unfortunately the system has become cumbersome and not user friendly... 

• I understand your frustration and this is not the experience we want you to have. The purpose of Cox Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to Cox residential [Internet] [Cox TV] [Etc] services with other customers. For questions, comments, and concerns regarding outages, billing, or other account-specific issues, we request that you reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook at  https://www.facebook.com/coxcommunications, or email us at Cox.Help@cox.com. Thank you. 

djmh67401
      New Contributor

When all those avenues are done to attempt to restore the internet for over a week wasn't working & let me tell you, when you work from home and this happens and all you get is the same answers or some bogus answers that lead to absolutely No help, left feeling like y'all valued taking a payment each month without fail but wasn't to convincing in giving a customer actual resolve in any form. Y'all had no issues with taking my family's money for our monthly payment and still we didn't have Internet for 2 days after y'all took payment. We subscribe to several of the Streaming Apps and they all get paid about a week before y'all's payment is due, so there we were, nearly $80 paid for streaming Apps, a week with no way to watch them, no way to work from home, seven though that's the main reason why I signed up with y'all. So basically i paid over $100 for just 75% of what i normally get. Fair right? Maybe when this happens y'all should wait to take a payment, it's not like we would be getting free Internet.

LatoyaJ

djmh67401, The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet, Video, or Phone services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please feel free to reach us by phone or email at cox.help@cox.com

Cox Support Forums Moderator