Forum Discussion

bcs2
New Contributor
5 years ago

Discounting not worth the trouble.

As a 30 yr subscriber I've used COX for many years, even after I hadn't needed the TV.  Having 2 renters I offered to 

pay for the TV service, but they never had a use for TV. So I asked for help on the TV part of the  ( $210) bill $139  I was offered $20.

So after 2 additional months I returned the TV-boxes ( 4 units)  waited 45 minutes to do it after driving 30 miles one way.

4 hrs later I get the offer for 40% off / 1 year to continue.   REALLY ?   $55 , 

They can see on my service, I hadn't used 3 of the boxes for 2 years.as they were disconnected years ago and seldom used the rest. 

I write that they billing might in the future make an honest offer when asked. Not after all my trouble.

I'd still be a customer probably if they gave me the $55 when I asked for it.

A discount reduction of $55 isn't compensation for the troubled experience. 

• Hello. The purpose of the Cox TV Support Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable Television services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, or would like to submit a channel request, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator