Forum Discussion

jackyhd
Visitor
3 hours ago

Error Code "Ed27"

Hello!  Has anyone had problems with their Cox Cable Contour box showing an error code of "Ed27"?  I tried a manual reboot and then contacted Cox Tech Support.  They tried to reboot the system and bypass the error code but had no luck.  The other Cox boxes in the house work fine, but this one tries to reboot and then stops and stays on this error code of "Ed27" and the box doesn't work (no TV/channels/DVR, etc.).  It seemed like the tech support wasn't sure what to do either, so now I have a technician coming out to look at it and I'm not thrilled. 

I've had mostly bad experiences when a "tech" comes out because they don't seem properly trained and end up causing more problems with the system than actually fixing the one problem they are there to fix.  Or they try to blame it on outside sources and want to charge $75 to "research" the wiring, etc.  We just had Cox come a few months ago when we had issues with connectivity problems and thankfully that technician knew what he was doing and ran new wiring and everything has been working fine.  Everything else is still working fine (phone, internet, other TVs/cable boxes, etc.) except this one that is showing the error code of "Ed27".  

I searched the internet for this error code and couldn't find anything mentioned about it!  And on the Cox site it just said "There isn't much information about the meaning of Cox code ED27".  Not helpful at all!  I'm surprised I couldn't find anything online about this error code.  Any help from someone who has had the same problem is greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

No RepliesBe the first to reply