Forum Discussion

Mr__Castle
New Contributor II
5 years ago

Intermittent service (drops, slow speeds) for 85032 and other Phoenix area zip codes over the last 3 weeks. This is a cox issue, not our modems. Fix it

Over the past 3-4 weeks the Phoenix area and other cities have been constantly getting drops and seeing slow speeds in their internet service. With school starting for most communities and many more people working from home, these problems need to be addressed immediately. We implore you Cox, to stop blaming our modems on the problems and fix the issue with your service. You can see by the many posts on downdetector.com and istheservicedown.com as well as this forum, this is a widespread issue, with no response from Cox about apparent problems at all. Please fix our internet. 

GiveMeMoreBits
    New Contributor II

I have had issues from the Las Vegas area since April. There was a time where my internet went out for a week and it was fast when it came back up and then it stopped again for 3 days and now it goes in and out. Every time I went on the Cox website it said there was some kind of issue but now it seems like it is normal operations and they never have good enough solutions besides trying to blame you.

I don’t rent their cheap modems/routers and instead I have gone through 4 different modems and 4 different routers thinking they were the issue, have had them change my lines and moved my modem to 3 different locations and made sure not to use splitters but every year it is some other issue with this company.

Hoping centurylink picks up the pace cause I am tired of the subpar service being provided.

CrystalS
      Former Moderator
      Hello,

This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

-Crystal S. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      joanford
      New Contributor

I'm also having a similar problem in Henderson.  Just upgraded service, even got a cox router cause it was supposed to give me more speed.  For the past month since the upgrade its been worse....so much worse.  I'm getting like 4.0 for my download speed and paying for WAY more then that.  I've talked to the techs.   Have someone coming out later this week. Not happy about it at all.  

quixotictif
    New Contributor

I had the same issue too, I’m in Tucson. They kept telling me it’s my modem and refused to have a tech come out unless I paid a $75 fee. No thanks. I’d rather have no internet than deal with these soulless, money hoarding, inept, unhelpful jerks.  1-844-227-3943 Is the phone number to cancel service....hopefully you can find a better ISP

GiveMeMoreBits
      New Contributor II

Unfortunately I have no other options for my needs. They are too slow or my line of sight is blocked. I will be advocating for this to be addressed though cause schools are going online and now cox is messing with people’s education. Hopefully that is enough to get some parents and politicians to start making some changes or atleast get cox to fix their infrastructure.

Centurylink is supposedly expanding and everyone that has it, praises them for the fiber but it is slow to roll out to new areas.

hudhacks
    New Contributor II

I've heard the 4 or 5 calls from the same neighborhood triggers getting a data tech sent to an area, so get your neighbors to call.

trailing
    New Contributor

Adding on we have the same issue in 85712. Have had this come and go over multiple years. Replaced signal amp and splitter today and we're still having issues.

Emailing support does not help, they just tell you to send a tech out with a $75 fee if they don't find any issue. So essentially I have to pray when the tech shows up the internet decides to drop packets or I lose $75? They won't accept ping plotter logs. I've had one tech care that I had them, the rest have just said "well its not happening while I'm here so I can't do anything" which is just worthless. 

Dave9
      Contributor III

I think the biggest problem is that most of the techs don't really understand the systems they work on, so they can't fix a problem unless they can see it happening and receive guidance from their handheld troubleshooting tools. It would be a lot more helpful if they could think about all of the evidence and then draw a conclusion about where to look for intermittent issues. For example, if someone has a perfect downstream connection but a problematic upstream connection, they could check for low-frequency noise on the line. Obviously they would have to take customer-provided evidence with a grain of salt, but it would be nice if they at least were able to understand the basic meaning of that evidence and use it as a starting point.

stevenb_AZ
    New Contributor

Same in 85053. Our internet has been bad since March and unusable for the last couple weeks. It drops out probably every 30 minutes

Allan
      @Stevenb_AZ, Please send us an email with your full name and address to cox.help@cox.com so we can look into this ongoing issue for you. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    Millas7
    New Contributor

Same here. Glendale. All 4 kids need WiFi for school. This is getting ridiculous. 85301

svrz
    New Contributor

I have experienced the exact same problem for the past month in Phoenix (zip code: 85044). I spoke to a Cox support representative once and received the same response: rent our more expensive modem.

Allan
      @Svrz, Your modem is reporting multiple time out errors at this time. Are there any splitters or signal amps on the cable line going to the modem? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        svrz
        New Contributor

Hello Allan

Thank you for the reply. No, there are no splitters or signal amps on the cable line going to the modem. There is only the standard coax cable from the wall outlet to the modem and an Ethernet cable from the modem to the router.

CKinGilbert
    New Contributor

Having same problem in 85296.  Consistent Zoom dropped calls/freeze ups.

Dave9
      Contributor III

I suggest you start a new thread with your modem logs and signals. This probably isn't the exact same issue but instead is dozens of different issues in the Cox network, each one needing to be resolved individually.

ChrisL
      Former Moderator
      I checked your modem from this end and it's reporting poor signal levels. I'd suggest checking cabling, bypassing splitters, or testing the modem at a different outlet to see if that helps. Otherwise, a technician may need to come out and troubleshoot further.

-Chris