Forum Discussion

Thedoggs
New Contributor
12 days ago

Is there a way to tell if a firmware update was pushed to my modem?

This morning I woke up to no internet.  I looked at my modem and all the lights were flashing amber except the power light, that was flashing white.

I called support and the gentleman said my firmware was corrupted on my modem and it would need to be replaced.

I didn't update the firmware manually, and I noticed while searching for solutions other folks with he same symptom and they associated it with a firmware update from Cox.

• Hi Thedoggs,

I am sorry to learn of your service loss and I'd be glad to assist.  If you have not already made arrangements with our support team earlier, please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.  We would be happy to help.

Cox Support Forum Moderator

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

Modem firmware updates are first certified by Docsys engineering, and once they pass muster, they are automatically pushed out the the modems that require it. SOMETIMES, now and then something slips past. Years ago, I had a netgear CG6300D that got a bad firmware push that bricked it. Happened to about 3000 some odd modems in the Hampton Roads area. We all got new modems. If this is what happened to you, and like I said it's rare but does happen now and then, take your modem to a Cox Solution store, they will help you out.