Forum Discussion

audra092912
New Contributor
7 months ago

Outage for over 8 hours

Service went out at 1128am today with an update for fix at 309pm. It wasn't. Got a text at 330pm with fix extended to 709pm. It's now 750pm with no fix or updates. The online chat is not working and I called customer service and she told me it will be fixed at 709pm. She couldn't help me when I informed her the time was 20mins past at that time. I have checked for auto accident in the area and there are none and as always it's Phoenix so no weather to cause this. I work from home and would like to know who is paying me today or staying up all night to complete my work if and when internet service is restored. No one has/can help even when asked to escalate the call. Very poor business practices and always have been with Cox!!!

• Hello, I am terriable sorry to hear about the ongoing outages all day. Outages are never any fun and there is no troubleshooting steps that can be done to resolve them as the issue is not at your home it is in your area. The timeframes we provide are estimated timeframes and are subject to change depending on what the techs and agents run into. I do apologize for this and we would credit the account as we do not believe customers should pay for services they are not receiving. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, your Cox pin, and a copy of your post at Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!

• This provides no further information on services being restored and it is over an hour past the posted information or any information anyone provides. I also want information on what caused this outage as if it was planned repairs there should have been advanced notice provided. 

JulianN

We would require personal info on your account to locate your account and to possibly provide any details that might be available. Currently we do not have that personal info on your account, this is why we request to email us. We would be happy to answer any questions we can. Please email us and we can continue. Thank you for your time.

• I have called Ann provided this and was given no further information and I'd you need this information how were you planning to credit my account you said in your first reply? What a joke

JulianN

Please understand that I am not here to make things more difficult for you or waste your time. if you would like assistance or us to look into a credit, please email us and we would be happy to assist.